Re: [DNS] New 2LDs

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian§creative.net.au>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 10:32:11 +0800
On Tue, Jul 09, 2002, Michael-Pappas wrote:

> I do not see how reinstating the .info.au domain space & create .biz.au on
> the same lines and rules as .com.au and .net.au create more liability in
> conflict for the auDA.. but rather help divide the separate name spaces.
> .com.au & .com
> .net.au & .net
> .org.au & .org
> .biz.au & .biz
> .info.au & .info
>
> You might just find that people don't fight over names in differing spaces
> if they feel secure in the one that they chose to use.
> Feeling secure in ones self can be a great thing...

I'm sure the names panel today will cover this, but ..

.. why create new domain names if people will simply register their name
in that space?

If .biz.au has the same rules as .com.au, why bother having it at all?
To me, its only use would be revenue-generation.

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"But a slightly more realistic way to define
<adrian&#167;creative.net.au>	  intelligence would be the ability to transmit