Re: [DNS] domain news

From: Chris Berkeley <magic2147§optushome.com.au>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:40:31 +1000
On 29 Aug 2002 at 10:22, Keith Inman wrote:

Send reply to:  	dns&#167;lists.auda.org.au
To:             	auDA DNS Mailing List <dns&#167;auda.org.au>
From:           	"Keith Inman" <keith.inman&#167;asic.gov.au>
Date sent:      	Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:22:46 +1000
Subject:        	[DNS] domain news

> David's news posting included an SMH article about the Sydney opera house
> fraud (see below).  It is worth pointing out that they didn't try it within
> the .au domain space.   Our registry has a degree of integrity that
> safeguards many Australian consumers, even if they don't know it.
>
> My personal experience is that I have yet to come across a single example
> of a domain name registration within the .com.au and .net.au spaces that
> contained false details.  They may be outdated, but never false.

The Greeks had a word for this: hubris

Dear boy if you really think that by allowing companies based in Bridgetown Barbados
and two bit $2 proprietory companies with no real tech background, money or resouces
to be registrars this integrity will be maintained - think again.

We already have one accredited .au registrar who engages in very dubious practices
with TLD domains (haven't we Ed?). How soon before these cowboys start playing
ducks and drakes with the .au name space?

cb