RE: [DNS] WHOIS lookups

From: Chris Disspain <ceo§auda.org.au>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:07:22 +1000
Just for clarity, there is no secret to the relationship between
Registrars Asia and AusRegistry. Under the terms of the Registry Licence
Agreement (to which auDA, AusRegistry and Registrars Asia are all
parties) Registrars Asia agree not to conduct registrar business in .au.
However, there is nothing to prevent them from continuing to act as a
registrar in other ccTLD spaces or the gTLD spaces. This was made clear
in various announcements and documents published by auDA at the time the
tender was finalised.

Pursuant to this agreement, at the commencement of the new regime,
Registrars Asia ceased to act as a registrar in .au and the registrant
clients they held as a Melbourne IT reseller reverted back to MIT.

Hopefully this provides an explanation for those who have neither the
wit nor the ethics to check publicly available information prior to
making derogatory comments.

Regards,

Chris Disspain
CEO - auDA