Re: [DNS] Bombarded with email

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian§creative.net.au>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:01:45 +0800
On Wed, Sep 11, 2002, Dave Hooper wrote:
> Since the NetRegister letter arrived Monday, I have received around 40
> emails from auDA telling me about it. I have also received around 20
> from MelbourneIT, and now I receive one from NetRegistry. This is a
> joke. Surely there must be a better way of dealing with these issues
> when they arrive other than every company with a stake in it sending out
> multiple emails? Is this the sign of things to come? Are others
> receiving the same piles of junk as me?

You mean, pipe the list through, say, sort | uniq, and only email it out
once per unique email address? :-)

That'd solve the "multiple email per target recipient" problem.

Its always easier basing policy decisions around previous .. happenings.
Hopefully this happens here.

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"<WeBGrrL> i WAS a lesbian.....but now i love everyone :P"
<adrian&#167;creative.net.au>