RE: [DNS] Notification of DNS name server changes

From: Ron Stark <ronstark§businesspark.com.au>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 13:21:03 +1000
I've had customers whose email appears to break, simply because I've not
been told of a redelegation, but I still host their website and retain a DNS
entry.  I've also spent hours trying to track down a rogue DNS entry that
hasn't been removed from somebody else's name server.

I'm my experience the majority of customers have no idea of the difference
between site hosting, domain hosting and mail hosting.

I see it as a service issue for the customer, because the majority simply
sign a delegation transfer (often in pursuit of the "cheapest renewal")
without fully understanding the ramifications of that action.

Maybe this is a matter for inclusion in the Code of Conduct at its next
review?

Ron Stark