How do they do that?

From: <magic2147§optushome.com.au>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 22:40:06 +1000
Today we applied for a generic via Enetica. This with some strategic deletions is what
they sent back:

> ### Please print this message out and send with payment ###

> *               Enetica Pty Ltd                 *
> *               ABN   39 087 987 988            *
> *               PO Box 1660                     *
> *               Sydney  NSW 2001                *
>
> TAX INVOICE
>
> Domains requested:  xxxxxx.com.au
>
> Make cheque/money order payable to Enetica Pty Ltd.
>
> Cheques can be mailed to:
>
>     Enetica Pty Ltd
>     PO Box 1660
>     Sydney  NSW 2001
>

> Payment Received Tue Oct  1 hh:mm:ss EST 2002
>    Receipt#: xxxxx
>    Paid AUD$ 250.00
>    Inc GST $ 22.73
>    By cheque
>    Name of Payer xxxxxxxxxxx
>    To Enetica Pty Ltd
>    For Domain Registration
>
> Thank-you for using Enetica.
> NOTE: Order will not be processed until payment received
>
> ### Please print this message out and send with payment ###

Now IANAL but it would seem to me that here is an unequivocal binding acceptance for
the offer to purchase the domain I made providing I can get the money to them before
the witching hour.

It seems to me that anyone who gets one of these and pays and subsequently misses
out would have some sort of claim against Enetica.

I am glad I am not their PI/D&O insurer.

cb