RE: [DNS] Thanks Melbourne IT

From: Saliya Wimalaratne <saliya§hinet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 23:09:24 +1000 (EST)
On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Dave Hooper wrote:

> > My bitch is you have to wait until the domain name comes up
> > for renewal before you can move it, unlike the .com system
> > that lets you move the domain but just adds an extra year to
> > the renewal date as with TotalNIC.
> >

> > Regards David Moore
> > moored&#167;romtech.com.au
>
> Yep, that's exactly the problem. And in the meantime they can approach
> YOUR clients and say just about anything they like about you (or so it
> seems).

Hmm.

A business protecting their (for what has been up 'til now) monopoly ?

No!

Shock! Horror!

Come on guys; deal with it, show it for what it is, take the appropriate
measures, and move on.

The only people that *really* have cause to whine are Melbourne IT
stockholders that bought without realisation that the monopoly was
going to end. And even they should have done their market research
properly.

(P.S. I love being right :)

Regards,

Saliya