RE: [DNS] Generic Rigged?

From: Saliya Wimalaratne <saliya§hinet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 23:15:02 +1000 (EST)
On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, ian.johnston&#167;setel.com.au wrote:

> > This issue is at the core of the fairness and openness of the
> > registration system. All interested and eligible parties should
> > have had an equal chance at getting the generic domain names.
>
> I also think that most people would agree with you, particularly the consumers
> of - and competitors for - those generic domain name licences.

The funny part is that some people just don't seem to realise that there's
no intrinsic value in a 'generic'.

Thus, there *is* intrinsic value in a generic (because there's a class
of buyers who believe there is).

Sorry, I mis-spoke that.

The *funny* part is that some people believe there is intrinsic value in
a 'generic'; and that they *also* believe they will be permitted to sell
them (for the intrinsic + commission) "value".

<goes back to sleep>

Saliya