RE: [DNS] Generic Rigged?

From: <ian.johnston§setel.com.au>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 22:03:07 +1000
> Well I've got to say that I am disappointed. I would have
> though auDa would have made a concerted effort to get
> to the bottom of this.

George, I think this is a complex investigation, which may take some time to
work through.

> This issue is at the core of the fairness and openness of the
> registration system. All interested and eligible parties should
> have had an equal chance at getting the generic domain names.

I also think that most people would agree with you, particularly the consumers
of - and competitors for - those generic domain name licences.

Consistent and ethical treatment of competitors during a competitive process is
fundamental to effective self-regulation.  This must also be seen to be the
case, if auDA's integrity is not to be questioned.

--
Ian Johnston, Policy Consultant
Small Enterprise Telecommunications Centre (SETEL)

SETEL is a national small business consumer association
advancing the interest of Australian small business
as telecommunications and e-commerce consumers