RANT (was: RE: [DNS] Thanks Melb...)

From: Richard Archer <rha§juggernaut.com.au>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 07:39:27 +1000
At 22:47 +1000 10/10/02, David Moore wrote:

>I for on am gradually moving all domains from Melbourne IT and have been
>very dissatisfied with the handling of domains. My bitch is you have to
>wait until the domain name comes up for renewal before you can move it,
>unlike the .com system that lets you move the domain but just adds an
>extra year to the renewal date as with TotalNIC.

<rant>

There's gold in them thar domains.

GOUGE GOUGE GOUGE!

I still reckon the "competition" policy which increased the price
for a .ASN.AU domain from $0 to $60-odd takes the cake.

The same smart cookie who thought that was competitive must have
written the transfer policy.

</rant>

Aah, that's better.

 ...R.