RE: [DNS] passwords

From: Chris Disspain <ceo§auda.org.au>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:09:24 +1000
Bruce,

1. Yes, we would welcome input.
2. Your point about security of passwords is relevant but it is not
strictly correct to say that the vast majority of passwords were created
by AUNIC. In reality most of not all passwords were altered to some
degree when AusRegistry took over.
3. Your point about security would be more meaningful as a reason for
ALL passwords to be changed - something which auDA would co-ordinate if
deemed appropriate. It has less effect when what we are actually taking
about is only altering the passwords of those domain names managed by
resellers where those resellers move to another registrar. Despite the
security label, the practical effect of changing the password is to make
it more difficult for a transfer to take place.

Regards,

Chris Disspain
CEO - auDA
ceo&#167;auda.org.au