How long should a transfer take?

From: Wayne Herring <wayne§wayneherring.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 08:59:39 +1000
How long should a transfer take between two registrars? I customer who is
moving a domain from Melbourne IT to Enetica. They approved the transfer
yesterday. Enetica told me the hold up was probably at Melbourne IT's end,
Melbourne IT tell me that the delay is at the registry end and that it will
take 2-3 days. In the meantime the domain is locked and I can't redelegate
it (I know, I should have made the changes before doing the transfer).

Wayne