RE: [DNS] How long should a transfer take?

From: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin§melbourneit.com.au>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:09:57 +1000
Hello Wayne,

It takes a maximum of two days from the time when the transfer is initiated.
This is implemented in the AusRegistry software.

The losing registrar has not ability to deny a transfer.

From the auDA transfer of registrar policy
(http://www.auda.org.au/docs/auda-2002-08.txt):

"4.6	Transfers that have been properly authorised and processed according
to the requirements of this policy and any
procedural requirements of the registry, will proceed within 2 days of
initiation. "

Regards,
Bruce