Zone integrity

From: Saints Support <support§saintspc.com.au>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 12:39:43 +1100
Hmm I have discovered an intresting challenge just this morning.

I have a cuatomer who is moving some of their domains over from one set
of Nameservers one of my set of nameservers.

The challenge showed it's self when they were able to transfer the
records and get the new nameservers list in .au zone files before the
nameservers were actully configure and correctly running for the domains
that were transferred.

The question I have is what happened to the zone integrity for the .au
domains???

The last time I did a .com.au transfer with MelbIT before the new system
came in would not allow me to complete the transfer without correct and
functioning nameservers.

Now from the looks of what happened with this customer and their domains
it doesn't matter any more, you can just transfer domains were and when
you like without actully making sure they will work when tansfered.

Any one at Ausreg or auda got an answer for this one???

David Uzzell
Technical Sales Consultant
Saints PC Pty Ltd T/as Diversified Data
Ph 1300 36 55 70 or (02) 9533 7388