RE: [DNS] Zone integrity

From: Mark Hughes <effectivebusiness§pplications.com.au>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 13:44:47 +1100
Until 30 June 2002, com.au, org.au, edu.au, and gov.au domain name
applications all went via the AUNIC system which applied a number of tests
to see if the proposed nameservers were set up correctly for the domain name
in question.

edu.au domain names still use AUNIC, so they still get those tests applied.

I don't know what tests were applied by Connect.com for net.au domain names
or by ConnectWest for asn.au domain names until 30 June 2002.

From 1 July 2002,  asn.au, com.au, id.au, net.au and org.au domain names
moved to the new AusRegistry system, and gov.au names moved there on 1
August 2002 - (I think - perhaps gov.au was a few weeks later).

I'm sure someone from AusRegistry can advise what tests - if any - are
applied to domain names in the asn.au, com.au, gov.au, id.au, net.au and
org.au Registry when someone is registering a new domain name / changing
delegation for an existing domain name.

Regards, Mark

Mark Hughes
Effective Business Applications Pty Ltd
+61 4 1374 3959
www.pplications.com.au
effectivebusiness&#167;pplications.com.au