RE: [DNS] Zone integrity

From: Saints Support <support§saintspc.com.au>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:09:34 +1100
>This should probably be a client-side responsibility if integrity is
the
>issue. The NS records can be invalidated at any time after the
delegation,
>and you can't expect the registry system to validate all zones
continuously
>to assure this integrity.

Yes I can understand this but to allow the incorrect information to be
put into the zone files in the first place is the issue yeah sure it is
then up to the client to make sure the validity of the domain name there
after.

My concern was the fact that you can input the incorrect data and they
will change it without question, I mean one little typo and your domain
could be pointed to a Nameserver that doesn't even exist or you could
stuff up the IP address for the nameserver.

Just through a simple error in doing the delegation on the customers
side could reduce the domain name to cyberspace junk traffic.

David Uzzell

http://www.auda.org.au/list/dns/
>Please do not retransmit articles on this list without permission of
the
>author, further information at the above URL.  (363 subscribers.)

http://www.auda.org.au/list/dns/
>Please do not retransmit articles on this list without permission of
the
>author, further information at the above URL.  (363 subscribers.)

Kind regards,

Lucian Kafka
www.conexim.com.au