RE: [DNS] Melbourne IT Unneccessarily Scaring Registrants

From: Lew Cody <lew§westpages.com.au>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 00:51:59 -0800
yes my customer received the email noting the mistake but in this email it
also said -
"If you have renewed this domain name in the last 24 hours please ignore
this notice.  This notice is current as of 19-Dec-02 9:50 am."

it is quite obvious some people may have panicked and immediately renewed
their domain with Melbourne IT.

So will Melbounre IT be forth coming with figures of how many domains were
renewed due to their "human error" mistake and will they allow those people
to cancel their renewal and allow them to be transferred as would normally
have been the case prior to expiry.

This now causes unnecessary contacting of my other customers to make sure
they haven't received an email sent out due to this "human error" and that
they didn't (in a panic) renew their domain with Melbourne IT.

I hope AUDA will monitor such scare mongering tactics which, after the
damage is done can easily be dismissed as ....sorry it was a human error....

maybe ING should have said it was a human error.....

-Lew Cody