can anyone help me out with this query?

From: John Thomson <john§hep10.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 17:14:28 +1000
Hi All

Hope you had a great xmas and all the best for the new year.

I have a client who is trying to get a domain from someone else. The people who own the domain are using it. It is goldcoasthomes.com.au. Their business is called Dytor and Yates Real Estate. My client has registered business and company names Gold Coast Homes. The domain owners previously registered the goldcoasthomes.com.au domain name using a business name they registered but have since removed.

Has my client got legal right to go after them for the domain name even though they have been using it for some time? Under common law they can't trade under that name since my clients own the business name. I just wonder if they can get the domain from these people. Can anyone provide some insight as to policies on this type of situation?

Many Thanks

John Thomson
www.hep10.com