Re: [DNS] can anyone help me out with this query?

From: David Hill [Hostcentral] <david.hill§hostcentral.net.au>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 19:06:54 +1100
Hi John,

You can try your luck at the registrar, but my company has/had an identical
problem and had absolutely no success. No one from AUDA or the registrar
(then melbourne IT and then TPP - long story but he transferred the domain
name) were prepared to act on my complaint.

The current holder of the domain in question claimed that the domain name
matched a 'brand name' of his company's, although I was under the impression
that brand names must be registered with the government. AUDA, MelbIT and
TPP all started 'umm..'ing at about this point.

Basically, I was told that I could sue the current 'owner' of the domain
name or I could use AUDA's arbitration facilities (at a cost of $1500). All
this work to prevent someone from using my business name on the internet...
Something needs to be done to rectify this gray area.

Best of luck with your case,

David Hill.