Re: [DNS] Transfer / Renewal

From: Eddie Pedini <eddie§teragen.com.au>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:09:48 +1100
Sandra,

You are correct in that a Registrant can renew their domain, at any
time, with the Registrar of their choice.

However, if you renew or transfer a domain that is MORE then 90 days
from it's expiry date, the domain will be renewed for 2 years from
THAT DAY. Whereas if you renew or transfer a domain that has LESS
then 90 days till expiry, the domain will be renewed for 2 years from
the original expiry date.

As such, it is almost always worth while waiting until there is less
the 90 days left on the domain before transfer or renewal.

Re,

Eddie