Re: [DNS] Transfer / Renewal

From: <webdesign§virtualvisions.com.au>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 20:26:34 +1030
Lew,

This is what I too had interpreted the rules to mean ... which is why I
was reluctant to embark on making the transfer to another Registrar too
far in advance of the expiry date.

It is also, of course, why I thought I'd post a query on this list.

I believe with  the old .au rules it stated that you did not loose any
time from your original expiry date but most instances you did incur a
transfer fee. With the new rules ... I understood it to mean that "no
matter when you transferred" you'd incurred a new 2 yr period.

Interesting how we all interpret things, huh?

Regards, Sandra