Re: [DNS] MelbIT lose $5M + Aussie ICANN CEO?

From: Anthony Dever <anthony§billiousness.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 22:35:13 +1100
Although I'm not a supporter of them it's a very obvious statement that Melb
IT would have had a decrease in revenue with the introduction of the new .au
domain space. But as far as I read in that article and in anouncements of
the preliminary final report at the asx the loss was actually attributed to
accounting write downs of investments and not due to operational issues such
as large losses in revenue or large increases in costs. In fact revue was
only down by $4 million (7%) on the previous period and they would have
posted a profit of $2.005 million if they didn't write $7 million of the
NeuLevel investment.