Re: [DNS] More on the issue of reseller / registrar relationship

From: Trent Hayes <trent§sos.net.au>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:58:12 +0930
Hi Ron,

You raise some excellent points and I think such a Resellers Association
is long overdue.
Please let me know if I can assist in any way.
I don't know in good conscience if I could join unless it was specific
to domain names as we wholesale hosting to resellers.

Something which may help you as far as agreements go is that we have
some points in our reseller agreement; where should an 'end user' - i.e.
a reseller's client - approaches us for any reason then:

a) the Reseller is kept notified of all correspondence
b) if the Reseller is happy for us to do o then the end user is offered
retail pricing.
c) A minimum 30% of the profits gained from that client are credited to
the original resellers account.

That way the reseller is still in a win-win situation if a they lose a
client due to a breakdown in communication causing the end user to leave
them.
In our view our resellers are our bread and butter, I don't understand a
domain name wholesaler cutting their own throat.
I hope the Association you propose helps give back some power to the
resellers.

Regards,
Trent Hayes
SouthNet