Re: [DNS] More on the issue of reseller / registrar relationship

From: Jason Pay <jasonpay§au1.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:05:36 +1000
this idea sounds like a good solution, funding will be the issue

At 10:52 +1000 23/6/03, Ron Stark wrote:

>Is there anybody out there interested in establishing a Reseller's
>Association to restore some balance / equity in this minefield of reseller
/
>registrar relationships?

I'd be in that. Where do I sign?

Or let's take this one step further:

How about forming a "reseller's cooperative" which then becomes a
registrar. This registrar would only accept registration requests
from member resellers and would carry on no other business apart
from that. No hosting. No direct-to-public registrations. Etc.

Only catch would be... how to stop member resellers abusing what
is I assume enhanced access a registrar has to the AusRegistry
database. Apart from the obvious "one strike and you're out".

Oh, and funding it :)

 ...R.