Re: [DNS] Enetica

From: Richard Keeves <richard§ibc.com.au>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:13:47 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Deus Ex Machina" <vicc&#167;cia.com.au>
> thats one interpretation however Enetica cant say it wont market to
> a resellers customer because say it puts an ad somwhere and the end
customer
> saw it, it would be in breach of the contract.
>
> what it does say is there is nothing Enetica offers through retail that
> a reseller cant offer through the reseller interface. so Enetica is
contractually
> bound not to gain a competitive advantage by offering a product that
> resellers dont also get to use.
>
> Vic

Vic,

the point here is *not* that Enetica (ie presumably you) might run an ad
that some client of mine (for example) might see,  it is that you might
directly target my client with a direct mail/fax/email  and try to get them
to deal direct with you - for domain reg/hosting or whatever other services
you might want to offer.

The fact that you are *not* saying that you will *not* target my clients
directly is concerning.

 It would be *very* easy for you to come out and say that you will not
compete directly against your channel for business coming from clients
introduced to you by your channel.  But you are NOT saying that.  You seem
to be saying that you think it is ok for you to compete directly with us for
our clients.  And you seem to be blaming small market size and sasha for
that.

Not sure if you know it or not, but the goodwill that existed for Enetica
could rise or fall pretty easily here. Enetica provides great services and
we have enjoyed the relationship - but if you can not say that you will not
compete with us for our own clients, then we have to find an alternative.

Believe me, it is preferable for us - and I would have thought also for
you - that we continue to work with you.
But we are not going to feed a growing threat.

cheers
Richard

ps  i have emailed to you privately - but you have not responded.