RE: [DNS] More on the issue of reseller / registrar relationship

From: IntaServe | Amin Kroll <amin.kroll§intaserve.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 15:39:23 +1000
Hi all,

This is our first post to the list but I've been reading the comments with a
lot of interest and felt it worthwhile to comment ...

As a registrar (aswell as a previous reseller ourselves) we've built the
business over many years based on the premise of respect for our resellers
relationships with processes developed to prevent contact of your clients.
We never contact our domain resellers' clients directly unless express
permission has been granted to do so. Frankly it would be commercially
stupid to do so.

We would like to take resellers up on the offer of a Guarantee of
'non-contact' of your clients and formalise this with a document if need be.
The actual drawing up of such an agreement or Guarantee is not as 'easy' as
it sounds and may be frought with legal issues which is why IMO registrars
may have steered away from this. Realistically accidents may occurr as per
Melbourne ITs latest renewal reminder incident which I understand was a
technical accident.

If a reseller body is formed or even looking ahead and there is simply a
special interest group of resellers that get together then we would be
willing to work with you to draw up a formal working agreement that is
acceptable to both your needs as resellers and ours as a registrar.

I can be contacted off list if you wish.

Best Regards,

Amin Kroll
amin.kroll&#167;intaserve.com
I n t a S e r v e    P t y    L t d