Re: [DNS] More on the issue of reseller / registrar relationship

From: David Keegel <djk§cybersource.com.au>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 15:56:10 +1000 (EST)
] We would like to take resellers up on the offer of a Guarantee of
] 'non-contact' of your clients and formalise this with a document if need be.
] The actual drawing up of such an agreement or Guarantee is not as 'easy' as
] it sounds and may be frought with legal issues which is why IMO registrars
] may have steered away from this. Realistically accidents may occurr as per
] Melbourne ITs latest renewal reminder incident which I understand was a
] technical accident.

Something which may be useful to consider with this would be financial
penalties for non-compliance.   I imagine resellers would be happier
if registrars had a self-interest financial motivation to make sure
mistakes don't happen, and resellers might tend to gravitate towards
registrars who choose to adopt that kind of guarantee where the
reseller could get some compensation in case of registrar mistakes.

PS: I'm not a reseller or any kind of seller of domain licences.

 David Keegel <djk&#167;cybersource.com.au>  http://www.cyber.com.au/users/djk/
 Cybersource P/L: Linux/Unix Systems Administration Consulting/Contracting