RE: [DNS] IPv6 glue supported?

From: Sean Finn <sean§teknol.com.au>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:02:42 +1000
This interests me too.

Does anyone have any IPv6 Info for .au ?

SOme overseas Governments are mandating that any government Computing
aquisitions be IPv6 ready, and some are even turning IPv6 on by late 2004 /
early 05.
It's 2003 now, so we have around a bout a year before IPv6 starts getting
used more widely on the net.

I personally think it's time that we're able to point a *.au to an IPv6
Address, or at least have some rudimentary system in place that will soften
the forced transition when it does take place.

Anand: One point to note.

Ausregistry is the "Registry";

All Registrars are downstream from the Registry, so Ausregistry would have
to support IPv6 before Any registrar could / would.

Anyone know if Ausregistry has plans?

-Sean.