RE: [DNS] IPv6 glue supported?

From: Chris Wright <chris§regasia.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:19:05 +1000
All,

AusRegistry's back-end Registry system has been designed with full
support for IPv6 addresses in "glue" records.  However, to date
AusRegistry has received no requests for this functionality.  Thus, to
minimize confusion, the choice was made to disable IPv6 support in the
front-end system.

Due to the demand we have received recently, we will enable support for
IPv6 addresses during our next scheduled outage.

In terms of Registry infrastructure (Name Servers and WhoIs Servers)
being reachable through IPv6, AusRegistry is in the process of obtaining
an IPv6 address space from APNIC to use on our equipment. However, at
this point in time, the secondary servers hosted at other providers will
not be required to have IPv6 support, and this is left to the discretion
of those providers.

Chris Wright
Chief Technology Officer
AusRegistry Pty Ltd