Re: [DNS] IPv6 glue supported?

From: Anand Kumria <wildfire§progsoc.uts.edu.au>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 12:32:12 +1000
Hi Chris,

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 12:19:05PM +1000, Chris Wright wrote:
> All,
>
> AusRegistry's back-end Registry system has been designed with full
> support for IPv6 addresses in "glue" records.  However, to date
> AusRegistry has received no requests for this functionality.  Thus, to
> minimize confusion, the choice was made to disable IPv6 support in the
> front-end system.

Thanks for the update. I'm not sure how AusRegistry's systems operate so
I'm wondering if changes to the front-end system will be visible to
registrants or if that means that registrars will then need to modify
their systems.

> Due to the demand we have received recently, we will enable support for
> IPv6 addresses during our next scheduled outage.
>
> In terms of Registry infrastructure (Name Servers and WhoIs Servers)
> being reachable through IPv6, AusRegistry is in the process of obtaining
> an IPv6 address space from APNIC to use on our equipment. However, at
> this point in time, the secondary servers hosted at other providers will
> not be required to have IPv6 support, and this is left to the discretion
> of those providers.

Well it looks like your upstream provider is Connect.com.au who already
have IPv6 address (since 1999), so it should be a relatively quick
exercise I hope.

Thanks,
Anand

--
 `` We are shaped by our thoughts, we become what we think.
 When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never