RE: [DNS] The .pro name space.

From: Ian Smith <smithi§nimnet.asn.au>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 01:16:58 +1000 (EST)
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Ian D Johnston wrote:

 > > For the rest of us, maybe we should ignore you...
 > > and then maybe you'll go away.
 >
 > Ignoring someone is a form of aggression.

And feeding trolls is a form of self-abuse.  David's advice is sound.

 > Publicly suggesting to others that they should ignore someone is also a form of
 > aggression.

Nonsense, Ian.  Wading into a list, both barrels blazing, without having
even vaguely aquainted oneself with a list's purpose and mores, stamping
one's tiny foot and throwing the full weight of one's ego around like
Lord Muck is always bound to attract aggression (or more sensibly, being
ignored), as such behaviour always fails to further any healthy sense of
inquiry no matter how potentially worthy one may consider the plethora
of (in this instance, clearly self-serving) issues raised.

Just a thought from a humble lowest-caste registrant  <&^}=

Ian