(unknown charset) Re: [DNS] Board Members are responsible for raising issues

From: (unknown charset) Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 16:04:24 +0200
Quoting jamesguy on Sunday July 20, 2003:
| As a Board Member you have a responsibility to raise issues which have been submitted by the public.
| Board Members are not puppets of auDA they are representatives of the members.
| This is fundamental to the operation of auDA.
| Your responses are nothing more than an abdication of reponsibility to the membership.

I can only speak for myself, not my fellow board members or for auDA,
but I agree and I certainly do take the issues raised on thise list
into consideration when formulating my thinking on issues. It is naïve
to think that the discussions here don't affect people's thinking, but
likewise don't expect to demand answers (let alone official answers) you
want here. This is merely a discussion forum.

Perhaps instead of being adversarial in your approach, if you instead
rephrased along the lines of "Things currently work like X, I think
things would be better done Y, because of all these reasons: X" it would
move people off trying to feel like they have to defend themselves and
promote constructive dialogue. This is not a court room.

Just my opinion, take it how you like. The ultimate judge will be how
many people pay attention to your ideas, rather than your manner, in the
end.

kim