RE: [DNS] DNS and Spam

From: David Moore <moored§romtech.com.au>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 10:56:32 +1000
And from the official web site.

SPAM and the Internet

You've probably seen, heard or even used the term "spamming" to refer to
the act of sending unsolicited commercial email (UCE), or "spam" to
refer to the UCE itself. Following is our position on the relationship
between UCE and our trademark SPAM.

Use of the term "spam" was adopted as a result of the Monty Python skit
in which our SPAM meat product was featured. In this skit, a group of
Vikings sang a chorus of "spam, spam, spam . . . " in an increasing
crescendo, drowning out other conversation. Hence, the analogy applied
because UCE was drowning out normal discourse on the Internet.

We do not object to use of this slang term to describe UCE, although we
do object to the use of the word "spam" as a trademark and to the use of
our product image in association with that term. Also, if the term is to
be used, it should be used in all lower-case letters to distinguish it
from our trademark SPAM, which should be used with all uppercase
letters.

So as long as you don't call it SPAM your ok.

	Regards David Moore
	moored&#167;romtech.com.au
	www.adsldirect.com.au for ADSL and Internet
	www.romtech.com.au for PC sales