Re: [DNS] Re: TPP Internet August Newsletter

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 11:13:04 +0200
Quoting Peter Shilling on Tuesday August 19, 2003:
| Kim,
|
| You entered an order for an id.au domain name around the time of go
| live, the domain was not registered but it left you with a valid account.
|
| Certainly apologies for the email that you have been sent but surely
| contacting us to enquire why you got this would be a first step instead
| of immediately assuming that you are being spammed?

I wasn't immediately assuming the worse, but the bottom of the email
explicitly says I am currently a registrant for a domain name for whom
TPP is the registrar. This isn't, and has never been, the case.

I actually don't mind getting the email newsletter, if I did I would
follow the unsubscribe instruction at the bottom. I am more concerned
with the fact I might not be the only one and this is a common problem.
This is of course a good place to ask.

Do you periodically check your mailing lists to make sure these people
still have domains registered with you?

kim