Re: [DNS] what's in a web name?

From: David Keegel <djk§cybersource.com.au>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 08:28:38 +1000 (EST)
] The AusRegistry guys have taken on board the comments on this list ...
]
] http://www.mywebname.com.au/

The id.au section says that id.au "is the only webname that does
not require the Registrant (webname licensees) to be a commercial
entity" which may come as a surprise to associations, non-profit
organisations etc in org.au and asn.au.  Not to mention gov.au.

The survey also talks about "own"ing a domain name/webname.
I thought we agreed that you don't own domain names like assets,
you license their use for 2 years (like a lease).

 David Keegel <djk&#167;cybersource.com.au>  http://www.cyber.com.au/users/djk/
 Cybersource P/L: Linux/Unix Systems Administration Consulting/Contracting