Re: [DNS] wildcard A in .com and .net

From: Jason Pay <jasonpay§au1.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:37:50 +1000
At least you can turn off the microsoft 'search from address bar'
"feature"

JP

"Kirk Fletcher" <kirk&#167;enetica.com.au>
16/09/2003 12:53 PM
Please respond to dns

        To:     <dns&#167;lists.auda.org.au>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [DNS] wildcard A in .com and .net

> ] id like to start a vote here and now, that if this ever gets done in
.AU,
it
> ] only gets pointed to a site that is purely informative, and does not
drive
> ] traffic.
>
> If we were going to vote, I'd vote that this NEVER gets done in .AU.
> We don't need a wildcard DNS record for *.au *.com.au *.net.au, etc.)

Though the technical implementation is quite different, the effect is
similar to what MS are already doing... and that is hardly what I would
call "purely informative".

Kirk