Re: [DNS] Nomination for auDA board.

From: Ian Smith <smithi§nimnet.asn.au>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 16:08:26 +1000 (EST)
On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Jason Pay wrote:

 > I am seeking auDA member support for my nomination as a demand class
 > representative.

[..]

 > If elected, I will strive to ensure that the interests/views and
 > suggestions of users, resellers and registrars are promoted to the board.

I thought demand class representatives sought to represent registrants?

The interests/views of resellers and registrars are often at odds with
each other, let alone with those of registrants, so I don't understand
how anyone could purport to represent each of those classes.

 > I will also attempt to engage the board in progressive and systematic
 > change within auDA and where applicable, the Australian Internet
 > regulatory regime.

Please define 'progressive' and 'systematic' change?

 > I will, at all times put the interests of the Australian Internet users,
 > resellers and registrars above my own.

A rare skill indeed!

Cheers, Ian