Re: [DNS] Nomination for auDA board.

From: Jason Pay <jasonpay§au1.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 15:54:55 +1000
Should new 2LD's in au be introduced based on demand or providing greater
choice?

If someone like IBM, for instance, came along and asked for ibm.au, I
don't see any problem with that as long as management of the 2LD is
efficient, and auDA could charge a hefty sum for the right to have a 2LD.

I wouldn't like to see 2LD's handed out to anyone, major corporations at
first maybe, see how it goes.

Deus Ex Machina wrote:
>you are not talking in facts but opinions. my impression is there
>is quite a bit of name clash which spils over into .net.au and .com,
while
>I couldnt quantify it is a lot more then .005%
>
>but thats not the point, the point is more choice is a good thing.
>gtld are not sitting still they are adding tlds which is taking $$s out
of australia.

>Vic
>
>Ron Stark [ronstark&#167;snapsite.com.au] wrote:
>> ... to which the obvious question is what proportion of the available
>> market do they represent?  It's simply not good business to invest in
>> developing a market for .005% when there is 90% to be had.

Regards,

Jason Pay
Midrange Administrator: AIX LINUX
IBM Global Services