RE: [DNS] Special delivery (Domain Names Australia - Chesley Rafferty)

From: Josh Rowe <josh§email.nu>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:21:55 +1000
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Open Your Mind
> Sent: Friday, 17 October 2003 5:02
> To: dns&#167;lists.auda.org.au
> Subject: RE: [DNS] Special delivery (Domain Names Australia -
> Chesley Rafferty)
>

> Chesley,
>
> I may not agree with your tactics,

Sasha,

Your defunct company, Internet Name Group, was once a purveyor of these
tactics:

http://whatsinaname.com.au/renewals/wING01a.jpg
http://whatsinaname.com.au/renewals/wING01b.jpg
http://whatsinaname.com.au/renewals/wING02a.jpg
http://whatsinaname.com.au/renewals/wING02b.jpg
http://whatsinaname.com.au/renewals/wING02c.jpg
http://whatsinaname.com.au/renewals/wING03a.jpg
http://whatsinaname.com.au/renewals/wING03b.jpg
http://whatsinaname.com.au/renewals/wING03c.jpg
http://whatsinaname.com.au/renewals/wING04a.jpg
http://whatsinaname.com.au/renewals/wING04b.jpg
http://whatsinaname.com.au/renewals/wING04c.jpg

> but it's not for me or for anyone else to decide whether they are
> breaking the law, I will leave that to ACCC etc.,

You also have experience in this area:

ACCC obtains injunction against ING
http://www.icannwatch.org/article.pl?sid=02/05/08/182936&mode=thread

> However Josh, can you please tell us what your agenda is by
> constantly publishing peoples records online, if you don't
> have the courage to meet with me anytime personally and
> explain it, I am more than happy for you to tell the list.

My agenda is very simple: to expose unscrupulous operators in the domain
name industry.

> Playing "super cop" on Australia Posts time is wonderful

"josh&#167;email.nu" is my home email account which I do not access from
Australia Post.  The time now is 9:19pm AEST and I am missing out on The
Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle (Channel 10).  I generally work
8am-6pm Mon-Fri.

Although it is not relevant, here's how Australia Post is doing:

Australia Post Annual Report 2002/2003
http://post.com.au/annualreport2003/highlights_financial.asp

"The record profit of $462 million enables Australia Post to continue
its high level of dividend returns to the Commonwealth. Assuming a
normal distribution of 60 per cent of the corporation's after-tax
profit, ordinary dividends declared from the 2002-03 result are expected
to total $200.2 million. A special dividend of $104.1 million was also
paid on 30 June 2003."

> but wouldn't it be better to tell someone you
> don't like them, in a face to face scenario?

I do not dislike the individual people just their practices.

My advice to domain name slammers is to stop slamming and then I'll stop
exposing them - it worked for you Sasha:

Internet Name Group under administration
http://www.icannwatch.org/article.pl?sid=02/08/22/063546&mode=thread

Brad Norrish + Chesley Rafferty + Jason Namour + Craig Oehlers = Domain
Names Australia? http://www.whatsinaname.com.au/slammers/

Josh
--
http://josh.id.au/