Re: auDA AGM 2003

From: David G Thompson <dgt§dthompson.wattle.id.au>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:41:33 -0800
Dear Josh,

Let me start by making it very clear that I am less than
thrilled with your recent unsolicited e-mail appended
below.

I was under the deluded impression, on account of your
Directorships of both CAUBE.AU and iCAUSE, that you were
generally opposed to unsolicited bulk mail, that is SPAM.

Spamhaus defines SPAM as follows:

An electronic message is "spam" IF: (1) the recipient's
personal identity and context are irrelevant because the
message is equally applicable to many other potential
recipients; AND (2) the recipient has not verifiably
granted deliberate, explicit, and still-revocable
permission for it to be sent; AND (3) the transmission and
reception of the message appears to the recipient to give a
disproportionate benefit to the sender.

Your e-mail is without doubt unsolicited; whether it is
bulk is maybe a moot point ... auDA doesn't have a huge
number of members. Finally there is little doubt that you
the sender are at least attempting to derive
disproportionate benefit.

In any event your e-mail has annoyed me no end and has
dramatically reduced the chances of you being the
beneficary of my vote. About its only saving grace was that
it didn't come with an offer to pay for my auDA membership.

Finally, I have no interest in photos of equine/homosapien
lovemaking, I am sleeping very well at night (thank you
very much), my member does not need to be any longer
(thanks so much for asking) and my attorney is currently
way too busy to communicate with any business associates of
yours that need to spirit large wads of greenbacks out of
Nigeria

Yours in disgust

-DGT