RE: [DNS] What do these each mean and how?

From: AtomDNS <AtomDNS§telstra.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:52:38 +1100
The statuses in question lock a domain and it is usually because of a dispute.

Remember, the server-side statuses can only be removed by the registry and the purpose is to block client-side requests, thus ensuring that nothing happens to the domain whilst it's in dispute.

serverDeleteProhibited rejects any deletion requests on the domain.

serverTransferProhibited rejects any transfer request on the domain.

serverUpdateProhibited rejects any attempt to update the domain.

I hope eveyone is 100% clear now on what the statuses mean and why they are used.