Re: [DNS] What do these each mean and how?

From: Sebastian Filzek <sebastian§filzek.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:30:34 +1100

Here's how we see AusRegistry use them:

serverDeleteProhibited - I've never seen this one used on any domain. Theoretically it means that
the registry (AusRegistry in this case) is not allowed to delete the domain.  No Idea why this would
be used.

serverTransferProhibited - Only really used on the promotional id.au domains.  A 'free' id.au domain
is not allowed to be transferred between registrars.  This status is removed by the registry once
the domain has been paid for.

serverUpdateProhibited - This is set when a domain expires.  As soon as the expiry date passes the
domain is no longer allowed to be updated (can't change nameservers, contacts etc).  If you initiate
a transfer or renewal of the domain, then this status is removed.

Cheers,
Sebastian.