IPv6 was: [DNS] http://www.names4ever.com

From: Anand Kumria <wildfire§progsoc.uts.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:44:22 +1100
On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 03:14:20PM +1000, Sean Finn wrote:
> Hey, She's not short,
>
> It's just her aspect ratio :)
>
> Good to see there's still some life left on this list after all.
>
> By the way, any news on IPV6 ?
>
> I'd like to stimulate some discussion on this, as we might collectively be
> able to fix / address / identify some issues before they become a problem.

I've had no luck getting either MelbourneIT or Enetica to register .au
domains with IPv6 AAAA glue in them. Although ausregistry does support
this - it appears no end-registers do.

Annoyingly MelbourneIT do support registering IPv6 AAAA glue for TLDs
(but it is a cumbersome process involving support requests and the
like).

There was a good report at RIPE46 on IPv6 glue at:
that is well worth a read.

Regards,
Anand

--
 `` We are shaped by our thoughts, we become what we think.
 When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never