RE: [DNS] NetSol and AU nameservers

From: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin§melbourneit.com.au>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 14:08:05 +1100
Hello Mark,

> Woops... we have dozens and dozens of com|net|org|biz domains
> that use ns1|ns2.foobar.com.au as their official nameservers.
>
> How do *I* go about creating a "glue" record if I need one ?

You shouldn't need to create "glue" records in the com/net/org/biz
zones.  Provided ns1.foobar.com.au resolves to an IP address based on
the records for foobar.com.au in the .com.au zonefile, you don't need
to.  You will however often need to create a host record
within the registry database (not the zonefile) as part of the
registration process.  This host record does not need to contain any IP
address details.   Your registrar should be able to assist with this.

Regards,
Bruce