RE: [DNS] domain names for sale

From: Chris Disspain <ceo§auda.org.au>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 15:50:04 +1100
David,

There is no penalty as such for offering them for sale. Our experience
has been, in the main, that offers are usually made in ignorance of the
policy and once informed the seller withdraws the item.

Our 'stick' with those who ignore our correspondence (very few) or
continue to try and sell (no-one as far as I know) is that we will
cancel the domain name registration.

FYI, the text of our standard letter is:-

"It has come to auDA's attention that the above domain name is being
offered for 'sale'. This is a breach of auDA policy and any attempted
transfer of the domain name to another party outside of auDA's policy
will be blocked. The policy is available at
http://www.auda.org.au/docs/auda-2002-24.txt and a copy is attached to
this letter.

auDA requires you to cease offering the above domain name for sale and
to confirm to auDA that you have done this. If we do not receive your
confirmation in writing within 7 days of the date of this letter we
shall revoke the domain name licence and the domain name will be
deleted."

Cheers,

Chris Disspain
CEO - auDA