RE: [DNS] A tale for our times

From: <magic2147§optushome.com.au>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:51:32 +1100
On 19 Dec 2003 at 11:12, Lucian Daniel Kafka wrote:

> So how can one reseller make a profit of over $5 when selling DDNS .net.au
> domains? That's while your published retail rate is $50, and assuming that
> your wholesale rate is not under $45. It may be OK for you to sell domains
> at a loss, but $5 profit is not enough for a reseller.

This is probably at the nub of my long term argument that resellers should be and act
as though they were agents for the registrant only. If the margin (brokerage?) offered
by a Registrar is not sufficient to make a profit then a disclosed service fee can be
added. It is then up to the registrant to decide if the total cost of the domain and
service is fair.

cb