Namescout and GST

From: Phillip Parker <domains§parker.com.au>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 15:26:58 +1000
Howdy,

I am a very curious about how the whole sale pricing works. Based on
http://whatsinaname.com.au/, I have observed there is AusReg fees/auDA
fees at the bottom of the chart.

Would anyone be able to confirm if the Ausregistry Fee payable by .au
registrars is GST inclusive? (or attracts GST)

If so, are Namescout exempt from paying the GST on this fee because
they're an "overseas" company?

I am under the assumption that Namescout can trade more competitively
because they may be exempt from GST on .au purchases to Ausregistry, and
they also do not need to include GST for domain name registration sales.

I may be incorrect in assuming this, however can someone please confirm
or deny this assumption?

Regards,

Phill