Re: [DNS] Rationale of .au high price was: [DNS] Cat got your tongue Chris?

From: Jason Pay <jasonpay§au1.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 15:03:15 +1000
>On Tue, May 18, 2004, Jason Pay wrote:
>> There is a difference between running costs and costs of entry.
>>
>> If I move house, I don't want to pay for the truck, only the costs
>> associated with the moving itself and relating to the usage of the
truck
>> for the duration of the move.
>
>Yes, but you _are_ paying for a portion of the purchase cost of the
>truck.
>
>Trucks don't appear out of thin air, Jason.

That's my point, you only pay for a portion of the costs to run/buy the
truck.

As stated several times in this thread, the costs to setup the .au
registry were passed onto the .au customers.

.au customers should not be paying for a new truck every 4 years.

Jason Pay

Adrian Chadd <adrian&#167;creative.net.au>
18/05/2004 02:48 PM
Please respond to
dns

dns&#167;dotau.org
cc

Subject
Re: [DNS] Rationale of .au high price was: [DNS] Cat got your tongue
Chris?

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd                                             I'm only a fanboy
if