Renewal of Australian domains.. in US dollars ?

From: Bruce Campbell <bruce.campbell§ripe.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 10:27:22 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 25 May 2004, Skeeve Stevens wrote:

> date for all historic .net.au coming up.. Every few days I get an email
> about a domain which I have completely forgotten about, or indeed have not

Does anyone else find it odd that some of these mails, for example
MelbourneIT, are from Australian companies, yet ask you to pay in
non-Australian currency?

I've just had a close read of one that I've received from MelbourneIT.
Basically, 'Dear holder of an Australian domain name.  Please renew before
this date.  Please pay us US X'.

eh?

--==--
Bruce.