Re: [DNS] .id.au domain names

From: Ian Smith <smithi§nimnet.asn.au>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 03:45:24 +1000 (EST)
On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Ron Stark wrote:

 > Not having supplied any before, I'm curious as to the policy for qualifying
 > for a .id.au domain name.  Is it an exact match of registrant's name, the
 > registrant's contact name, or either.

Not having registered one before, I was curious too, so checked the AuDA
site, as you do.

<aside> 'Web Standards' having broken once perfectly good HTML with M$
'older browser obsolescence enforcement scripting' </aside> .. I was
still able to find the policies index page and eligibility criteria :)

When would a registrant's name differ from his or her contact name, when
only individual aussie residents are eligible for an .id.au?

 > Can it also be like the .com.au domains, a derivative of either the
 > registrant's or contact's name?

A nickname even, as you'll have found by now I expect.  Some registrars
run too clever by half code auto-suggesting a small pile of variations,
some quite amusing.  Not that we have open slather, of course :)

But again Ron, who might be the registrant for one, but oneself?

Cheers, Ian